Sunday, May 25, 2008

something funny that happened in class

It was a day five, that meant my class had science first.
As usual we all lined up and walked in single file. My friend and I sat in seats located to the far left, right next to the periodic table.
The lesson dragged on (we were learning about atoms) and the teacher was using a meter ruler to point things out to answer students questions.
It was half way through the block, There this soft sound of humming in my ears. My guess was because of the rain. It was pouring outside, although the cold had wriggled its self inside permeating the room and everything it contained. Someone behind me asked a question about the different colors of the periodic table.
To answer that question the teacher crossed the room so he could point at the table. (I wasn’t looking; I was scribbling something down of the board)
When the teacher began to answer the question, he jabbed the chart with his meter ruler.
It collapsed. It fell straight down like a leave off a tree in autumn, and as it happens I was underneath.
Luckily my friend saw what was happening and caught it before it torn its self completely from the wall.
It took the teacher, my friend and I almost ten minutes to get the table back on the wall, with all its pins in the right places.
Although having a huge chart crash on top of us defiantly gave us something to laugh about.

No comments: