Thursday, May 22, 2008

Reps

Friday Interval, loud students surrounded us closing us in with help of the dull colored.
It was a sunny day; I was awaiting a fateful txt that would confirm, if I had been selected.
Bouncy, excited energy was pushing against my heart, so hard that it hurt. My stomach held up by a thread that could snap at any moment, the queasy feeling that would follow depended on the content of the message.
BEEP! BEEP!The lifeless tune sounded the arrival of a txt the excited thudding against my heart was getting faster and faster, as I pulled my cell phone out.
The thread snapped!
The pushing against my heart stopped!
All the breath in my body was gone I felt winded.
My finger made its slow movement towards the middle button of my cell.
I was curious did I really want to know what was hidden in the message.
My brain was fighting with itself fear and excited racing all around.
It tried to decide what to do all in a split moment

I pressed the button…….

It was real……
I had made it………
I was in……..

1 comment:

Chels-Psyco1 said...

And then you jumped on me and I nearly fell backwards into the rubbish bin behind me