Wednesday, May 21, 2008

As the fog lifted....I saw a huge towering dome, that made even the largest building look small.The huge thing, made of metal and glass, so opposing, so frightening.If or when you got up the courage to go inside the door was almost impossible to find.Once I found the door, you needed certain identification to get through and into the institute within, this was an easier way for staff to find out which people were in class and who wasn't,I thought as I picked up a brochure.How did I get here I wondered, The last thing I remember before being here was, I was in the girls bathrooms at school with my friends. The next thing I knew the rest of the girls were banging on the door, it seemed that we had been locked in. We left Haley at the door to call for anyone that could help us, while the rest of us looked around for a way out of here, as all the bathrooms seem to smell really bad and have spitballs on the ceilings.Some girls were trying to open the windows, that seemed jammed shut, I didn't have any job so i was running my hand along the walls to see if I would get inspired, but instead I fell through one of them and thats how I got here. Wherever here is.I walked into this huge expanse of space, huge buildings towering over everyoneThe thing that struck me was how everything looked cold, sterile, like even a dirty thought would detain you.Teenagers whizzing by on some sort of hovering contraption, a silver disk they stood on,with handlebars hovering in the cleched hand of the rider.Everything was shiny metal, in the brochure it says that this domeis not just here for looks but it is an all weather environment,to help with less outside distractions to keep the pupils focus solely on their work.I couldn't help but feel nervous at how apposing everything was.As I turned to continue exploring, I saw a group of older boys,hiding under the stairs to a building smoking, thinking they were hidden.All of a sudden a hologram came seemingly out of thin air and surrounded the boys like a tornado.Looks of shock and fright covered the boys faces as they knew they had been caught red handed.As quickly as it had been there it was gone, the bouys were all looking very relieved, and thats when the ground fell from beneath them showing a hole that was so dark it seemed never-ending.Passing the classrooms, the pupils seemed engrosed with what the teacher was telling them, some even leaning or shuffling closer, afraid to miss even one word.As I looked again, I saw something quite strange, there was something wrong about the image I was seeing. The teacher, she seemed to be rippling with the slight breeze coming through the window, it had to be it, I had the best vision out of everyone I know.Yes, I said in my head as I checked again, that has to be it, she's a holo-gram.No one seemed to notice I was there until a strict looking teacher saw me and started walking straight for me. Hair done up in a severe bun on the back of her head, perfect, not a hair out of place, a black high waisted skirt and a white blouse, with high black stiletto heels, clicking along as she walks.I was so scared I froze. Stiff as a bored, too scared to move.Then my brain kicked in, I ran for the closest toilets I had hust walked past.Sprinting in my school shoes was a challenge in itself, I saw her gesture to something, then all of a sudden whirring filled the air, I ran faster knowing this wasn't going to end well.I finally reached it and slammed the door on my persuers, breathing hard, I sat down on one side of the room on a bench attached to the wall wondering what I should do now.I walked around the room dragging my fingers along the walls to try and calm my mind, what was not helping the calming was the constant and loud banging and thudding on the door.I continued to walk round.I tripped on something I hadn't seen, and fell, I put my hand up to catch the wall,But instead of holding myself up I fell straight through, leaving the splintering sound of wood as they had finally broken there way into the bathroom.Peace.Calm.Quiet.

No comments: