Sunday, November 16, 2008

my monolouge

Monologue:

I had done it!
The flowing music of the last gymnast stopped and the faint blep of the electronic board signaled the score was up.
I had been to tournaments before and got gold, but they didn’t matter now, this was the Olympics and bringing back the goal for Russia was all that was important.
I gathered my courage, to lift my head, which for some reason felt as heavy as a stone slowly I glanced towards the board but before I could deceiver the numbers written on it my coach Vera was up and cheering.
Had I done it!
I wasn’t really sure on what had happened until she screamed we had done it and soon we were up and cheering together.
The next thing I new I was standing proud and tall on the podium, I sung along to my national anthem with tears in my eyes and a gold around my neck, I had done it I was bring back gold for Russia for my country they would be proud.
I had done it!

No comments: